Friday, February 11, 2005

Grandpop, Day 5 - Sick

Pop-Pop woke up yesterday feeling really sick. I've started to come down with a cold, too, but for me it's just a runny nose and stuffy sinuses. For my grandfather, being 77 years old, it's a bit different. There was a lot of hacking, coughing, nausea, and he was really cold. He stayed in bed all day, and I was really worried.

My friend SY came down to help me look after him. We stopped at the pharmacy 약국 and got him some herbal medicines, since he can't have aspirin, and he was already taking acetamenophine. He wasn't hungry, though, so we couldn't give them to him (they said he had to have something to eat first.) I was really concerned.

The good news is that he's feeling better today. He had been getting dehydrated, so he drank about 8 glasses of water throughout the night, and woke up feeling a little better, if still tired. For being 77, I think he got a bit funned out from all the running around we did. Korea has a lot of stairs around the subway stations, so even if he took them on like a real soldier, it does tend to wear a person out if they're not used to it.

No comments: