Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A season too soon

So I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow. I had a list of things to do today, including
  • Sending off my winter coats to my parents
  • Closing my bank account and getting a dollar-denominated cashier check (미화송금수표)
  • Scheduling an end to my cell phone service
  • Printing out pictures for my "First100 days" present to SY (it's a big thing out here)

And in a stroke of fate that matched my mood, it rained.

Everything went well, with the exception of cancelling my cell phone service. You can't cancel it in advance -- that has to be done in person and service ends at that moment. But I didn't want to do that because I was planning on meeting with SY later in the evening. As an alternative, they said I could leave my ID card with her and have her cancel it. So that's what I did.

I feel sad about leaving Korea. Up until I found out in April that I'd received the Fujitsu scholarship, I'd been planning on staying another year, and I had to leave earlier still because of things at JEL. I haven't paid off as much debt as I would have liked, I'm not happy about leaving SY, and there's still more about Korea that I would liked to see.

I'm leaving Korea a season too soon....

No comments: