Saturday, March 15, 2014

Army standardization

One of the things I like about the Army is the way it takes standardization seriously. The Army Learning Management System (ALMS) even has an online class called "Advanced Interpersonal Skills Training."

How convenient -- I can learn about how to interact with other people without the discomfort of having anyone else around me.

The Army also has an impressive list of forms. It seems like there's a form for everything. In fact, just the other day I learned about DA Form 4858, The Army Chess Tournament Application.

Now, I don't know how many chess tournaments the Army has on any given year, but apparently the need for an official Army form was significant enough to make one. Not only that, but replace the obsolete 1990 version after only 14 years.

No comments: